Last week we posted an article to GonnaGeek highlighting how Google announced that Hangouts on Air is going away soon. As Hangouts on Air (HOA) has been a staple that we’ve highlighted many times on this show, we thought that we’d do an episode where highlight some of the reasons why Hangouts on Air was successful, some considerations for moving forward, and things to prioritize when choosing a new service. Before we get there though, we kick off our show with a pre-launch How I Saved My Podcast story, and an update from one listener/viewer about their “One Thing” goal from 2019.
In this week’s Better Podcasting Download, we discuss a Time article about “Big Money” coming in to podcasting.
Finally, in this week’s Better Podback, we take listener feedback including a poll about sunscreen and podcasting.
Find full episode information including links referenced in this episode at http://www.betterpodcasting.com/186/.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email email@example.com. The full back catalog can be found at http://www.betterpodcasting.com.
How I Saved My Podcast Story: David Toney saving his podcast before launching it.
One Thing Segment: Stephanie Fuccio
Main Topic: Handling Hangout on Air going away
- Reasons why Hangouts on Air was successful
- Questioning the future of video for your personal needs
- Considerations for moving on from HOA
- Streaming destinations
- Future proofing your next service choice
- When to change from Hangouts on Air
Better Podcasting Download: Time Magazine’s Article on Money Entering Podcasting
- What Was That Woodworking Podcast?
- Thoughts on the PodMic
- Summer Podcasting Sunburns
- GonnaGeek Hangouts on Air Article
- Time Magazine’s Article on Money Entering Podcasting
- Modern Woodworkers Association Podcast