As much as everyone hopes they won’t find themselves in this situation, sometimes in podcasting difficult conversations can come up and they can be hard to have productively. This week we’re going to discuss how you can best handle these situations including some considerations as you approach the situation, some specific situations that often come up with podcasters, and some ways to handle these situations. Before we get there though, Stephen had a CRITICAL HARDWARE FAILURE THAT ALMOST STOPPED HIM FROM PODCASTING FOR weeks…. which means that he has a HOW I SAVED MY PODCAST story.
In the Better Podcasting Download we chat about Squadcast going through an update, Apple Podcasts categories being in effect, and a study about how audio quality has an effect on public credibility.
In the Better Podback we take listener feedback including someone who asked if we have ever dropped a podcast based on poor audio quality. Finally, Stephen and SP talk about their first experiences with the Rode Podmic (1:00:00).
Find full episode information including links referenced in this episode at http://www.betterpodcasting.com/191/.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email email@example.com. The full back catalog can be found at http://www.betterpodcasting.com.
Main Topic: Difficult Conversations with Your Co-Hosts
- Considerations as you enter in to difficult podcast conversations
- Common difficult podcast conversation scenarios
- Prep work challenges
- Microphone technique
- Timeliness/scheduling issues
- Impact on personal relationships
- Impact on business relationships
Better Podcasting Download: Podbean Streaming Service / Apple Podcast Originals?
- How Long Does It Take To Edit an Episode?
- Editing Using Time Code Notes
- Stephen is Live Streaming Edit
- How I Saved My Podcast Story: Stephen’s Motherboard Died
- Stephen and SP are using a Rode Podmic’s this week (1:00:00)