If podcasting is your hobby, does that mean that it’s free? The answer is no, hobby podcasting isn’t free podcasting. This week we discuss some of the challenged that make it hard to try to podcast for free, and where it might benefit to try to pay a little money, and where you can try to save a buck or two.
In this week’s Better Podcasting Download, we discuss how Automaticc is buying Pocket Casts, and we speculate what this means for the future.
Finally, we take listener feedback, including a listener who encountered an issue with their recording this week, and we have a listener who was invited by Facebook to turn on their new podcast feature.
Find full episode information including links referenced in this episode at https://www.betterpodcasting.com/255.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The full back catalog can be found at https://www.betterpodcasting.com.
Main Topic: Hobby podcasting isn’t free podcasting
- Things that will cost you money when you podcast
- Why you may need to be ok spending money on your podcast
- How spending money on your podcast can be helpful
- Where you might be able to save money on your podcast
- What could happen if you try not to spend money on your podcast
- Other hobbies that cost money, and how they stack up against podcasting
- Podcasting is a great value hobby for what you get out of it
Better Podcasting Download:
- Automaticc purchased pocket casts