This is a (mostly) un-edited posting of our live podcasting Q&A and podcast discussion that streams on Wednesdays. Topics this week include:
- What are our plans for the Better Podcasting shows for the remainder of 2023?
- The mystery Rode stand has been revealed!
- Don’t forget about your podcasting this Black Friday
- Why SP won’t recommend a certain service for a hobby podcasters anymore
- Archiving your podcast
- What media host do you recommend?
- Stephen changed his SM7B settings
- How chroma keying (green-screening) benefits from a 4K camera
The back catalog of Better Podcasting: Live Chat episodes can be found at http://livechat.betterpodcasting.com. You can check out the regular episodes of Better Podcasting at http://main.betterpodcasting.com.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email email@example.com. The full back catalog can be found at https://www.betterpodcasting.com.
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 – Streamed Live to GonnaGeek.com/live.
Links as Discussed
- Mystery Rode stand revealed: Rode DS2
- Libsyn – SEC Trading halted (2022)
- Libsyn – Response to halt (2022)
- Libsyn – Focus on advertising
- Libsyn 5 – Release date
- Open letter to Libsyn
- Libsyn Press Releases
- Colorware mics
00:00 – Opening/Intro
01:00 – Run-down of final 2023 episodes of BP/Live Chat
05:10 – The mystery Rode stand has been revealed: Rode DS2
10:19 – Black Friday deals are officially here
11:45 – Why SP no longer recommends a certain service
49:25 – Can you download your stats history?
51:30 – Archiving your podcast
54:00 – What media host do you recommend?
54:45 – Stephen changes his SM7B setting
57:10 – Colorware
58:30 – 4K benefits Stephen’s green-screening
1:01:45 – …Even though we don’t even record at 4K
1:02:10 – Ending/outro