Jen if half of the duo behind the sci-fi/fantasy podcast Anomaly Podcast which was created in 2007. Over the run of the show, Jen and her co-host Angela have undergone a variety of changes both to do with their hobby podcast and in their personal lives.
In this week’s Better Podcasting Download we talk about an article called “The Three E’s Of Podcasting” and discuss whether or not we think it’s applicable to podcasting.
Finally, we take listener feedback in our Better Podback we discuss chapter markers.
Find full episode information including links referenced in this episode at http://www.betterpodcasting.com/192/.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The full back catalog can be found at http://www.betterpodcasting.com.
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 – Streamed Live to Geeks.Live. This week’s Audio/Video Production by Stargate Pioneer. This week’s Audio/Video Editing by Stephen Jondrew of GonnaGeek Productions, proudly Canadian.
Main Topic: Experiences Running A Hobby Podcast for 12+ Years
- Starting a podcast without podcast advice shows that exist now
- Being (politely) kicked off a podcast network
- Working through a hobby podcast with personal health issues
- Maintaining a podcast while becoming moms
- Podcasting with your kids
- Loaning your show to other co-hosts
- Standing out from other podcasts who later start using the same name as you
- Co-host struggles
- Evolution in the podcasting space since 2007
- Consistency isn’t always the top consideration
- Regrets with not balancing personal life properly
- Difficulties podcasting while pregnant
- Handling challenges trying to podcast while having kids around
Better Podcasting Download: The Three E’s Of Podcasting
- How Long Does It Take To Edit an Episode?
- Editing Using Time Code Notes
- Stephen is Live Streaming Edit