Back in May 2015 (in Episode 81), we tackled the idea of building a community around your podcast. However, since recording that, a lot has changed with both community structures, our experiences and community platform availability – that means it was time to revisit this topic. In this episode we’ll talk about the considerations for building a podcast community, some best practices if you’re going to, and our personal suggestion of platforms to try to build a podcast community in.
In this week’s Better Podcasting Download, we revisit last week’s discussion on Libsyn’s IAB certified statistics to share the further details that SP mentioned last week on the show, and some new information received after Libsyn’s Rob Walch reached out to us.
Find full episode information including links referenced in
this episode at http://www.betterpodcasting.com/197/.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email email@example.com. The full back catalog can be found at http://www.betterpodcasting.com.
Main Topic: Creating A Podcast Community
- Deciding if you want to build a podcast community
- Benefits to building a podcast community
- Difficulties with building a podcast community
- Choosing a platform for a podcast community
- Open/closed podcast communities
- Shaping the tone of the podcast community
- Podcast community moderation
- Our recommended platforms for podcast communities
- Making your community center around your podcast community
Better Podcasting Download: Follow-up about Libsyn’s IAB certified podcast measurements
- New Podcasters
- iZotope RX vs Other Suites