In this episode we discuss the idea of creating supplemental content related to your podcast’s topic. We’ll discuss some ideas of things that you may want to create, some considerations before you create extra content, and some ways that you can use it to compliment the content within your podcast.
Instead of a Better Podcasting Download, this week we have a special announcement (begins at 17:20) to do with our show that affects both our posted show, and our live-recording schedule.
Finally, in our Better Podback section we hear from listeners, including one who wrote in because SP made them angry.
Find full episode information including links referenced in
this episode at https://www.betterpodcasting.com/217/.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email email@example.com. The full back catalog can be found at https://www.betterpodcasting.com.
Main Topic: Creating supplemental / additional content related to your podcast
- Brainstorming additional content that you could create related to your podcast
- Considering how this content affects the basic concept of your show
- Can you tie the additional content in your the core content on your show
- What impact will the supplementary content have on your podcast?
- How will your schedule allow you to create this content?
- What ground work do you need to do before you create this additional content?
- Setting success factors / Evaluating the success of your new endeavors
Better Podcasting Download: Our special announcement (begins at 17:20)
- Better Podcasting Website
- Stephen’s “How I Saved My Podcast” Episode 214 Video
- Better Podcasting Episode 214
- Talking Beard – Beardcaster / Beardcast