This is a (mostly) un-edited posting of our live podcasting Q&A and podcast discussion that streams on Wednesdays. Topics this week include:
- Playback/listening speed
- U.S. court ruling on AI copyright might affect podcasting
- What if AI is a warning?
- SPs latest SM7B changes
- Follow-up: Stephen does still use headphones
- Stephen pitches a new podcast idea
- Stephen doesn’t care for the microphone museum idea
- Stephen’s first Vegas Pro 21 experience
- Spotify-Patreon integration
- Spotify allowing podcasters to change their homepage
- Backblaze increasing their prices
- SP changed LoS based on feedback
The back catalog of Better Podcasting: Live Chat episodes can be found at http://livechat.betterpodcasting.com. You can check out the regular episodes of Better Podcasting at http://main.betterpodcasting.com.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The full back catalog can be found at https://www.betterpodcasting.com.
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 – Streamed Live to Geeks.Live.
Links as Discussed
00:00 – Intro/Opening
1:11 – Stephen is controlling
3:45 – Stephen is a sloth, SP has had too much caffeine
7:05 – A court ruling on AI copyright
15:00 – SPs latest SM7B changes
18:18 – Stephen does still use headphones
20:40 – Update on selling our gear
25:45 – Stephen pitches a new podcast idea
26:35 – Stephen’s thoughts about the microphone museum
30:10 – Stephen’s first Vegas Pro 21 experience
48:30 – Spotify-Patreon integration
53:10 – Spotify allowing podcasters to change their homepage
56:10 – Backblaze price increase
1:00:05 – SP changed LoS based on feedback
1:06:00 – Ending/outro