This is a (mostly) un-edited posting of our live podcasting Q&A and podcast discussion that streams on Wednesdays. Topics this week include:
- What can we learn from Stephen’s solo cast venture?
- Frequency of SD card replacement
- We prefer to watch YouTube live streams, here’s why
- SP’s recent travel experience (and how it’s more difficult now)
- Twitch now is allowing concurrent streaming, with a catch
- How Backblaze Saved Stephen’s Podcast (file)
- Misc listener feedback roundup
- Follow-up to Podcast Mirror changes
- Stephen’s an idiot when it comes to using a phone keyboard
- SP’s guide to starting a podcast
The back catalog of Better Podcasting: Live Chat episodes can be found at http://livechat.betterpodcasting.com. You can check out the regular episodes of Better Podcasting at http://main.betterpodcasting.com.
If you want to follow us elsewhere, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/betterpodcasting, you can follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/betterpod or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The full back catalog can be found at https://www.betterpodcasting.com.
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 – Streamed Live to GonnaGeek.com/live.
Links as Discussed
00:00 – Opening/Intro
01:20 – Debriefing Stephen’s solo cast experience
08:00 – What is your SD card replacement strategy?
10:20 – What streaming platform does SP prefer to watch?
14:10 – SP’s travel debrief
29:20 – Twitch changes about concurrent streaming
34:00 – How Backblaze Saved Stephen’s Podcast (file)
38:18 – Listener feedback roundup
39:00 – Podcast Mirror no longer is free
44:55 – Stephen’s an idiot
46:10 – SP’s podcast guide